The Council is upgrading its accounting system and as a result:
It will not be possible to process online invoice payments between 3.30pm on Wednesday 30th January and 9am on Monday 4 February, 9am.
You can still pay council tax and housing benefit overpayments online.
We are pleased to offer this online payment service to our customers.
You can pay:
- Council Tax
- National Non-Domestic Rates (NNDR)
- North East Lincolnshire Council invoices online
- Housing Benefit Overpayments
- Some examples of North East Lincolnshire Council invoices are:
- Home care charges
- Residential care
- Ground rents
- Building regulations
- Licences and certificates
- Hire of business units and associated costs
- Grounds maintenance
- Sports - court and pitch hire
Please note that on-line payments of parking fines cannot be accepted at the moment. An on-line payment facility is currently under development and will be available soon. We apologise for this inconvenience.
What cards can I use to pay online?
American Express, Diners, Solo and Switch cards are not accepted.
The online payments service is available 24 hours a day 7 days a week
If you have a problem making a payment online
If you experience any difficulties using this service telephone: (01472) 313131 during office hours ( 8.00am to 5.30pm, Monday to Friday )
What do you need to make a payment?
There are 4 easy steps to making a payment:
You will need to have the following information ready:
Step 1. Your invoice number - This can be found in the top right hand corner of your invoice.
Step 2. Your payment card reference number - This is the long number across the middle of your card
Step 3. Your card issue number - This may be a 1 or 2 digit number on the front of your card, sometimes this will be shown as 3 or 03 for example. If the number shown is 3 then type 3, if the number shown is 03, type 03. If there is not an issue number on your card then leave this box blank.
Step 4. Your 3 digit security code number - This is the last 3 digits of the number printed on the signature strip on the back of your payment card. If your card does not have a security code please contact your card issuer.
If you enter your email address you will automatically receive an acknowledgement of your payment. Alternatively click on the print icon to print a receipt.
If you do not have an email address or access to a printer we recommend that you make a note of your reference number which you will see under Payment Reference on the final screen after you have made your payment.
When will your payment show on the council's records?
Payments received up until 4.00pm on any working day will normally show on the council's records the next working day. Payments received after 4.00pm will show on the council's records the day after the next working day. Payments made on a Saturday or a Sunday will not show up until the Tuesday.
Is this service safe?
Your transaction takes place within a secure payment system. We use Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology. This is a software that encrypts all your personal information so that it travels across the internet in an unrecognisable form.
Other ways to make payments
1. Telephone payments - If you have a touch tone phone (you will know if your phone is touch tone as there will be a star and a hash key on the key pad of your phone) You can use our new touch tone service by dialling: 0845 234 0514 and follow the prompts. (Please note this method can only be used when paying housing benefit overpayments and NELC invoices).
2. By Post - Send your payment to North East Lincolnshire Council, P.O. Box 493, DN31 1WX. Cheques should be made payable to: North East Lincolnshire Council with your invoice number on the back of your cheque.
3. In person - You can make cash, cheque or card payments at the following offices: Please note: Cheque payments at The Municipal, Civic Offices, The Post Office and Banks should be made payable to:
NORTH EAST LINCOLNSHIRE COUNCIL
Municipal Offices, Town Hall Square, GRIMSBY (Monday-Friday 09.00 - 17.00)
Civic offices, Knoll Street, CLEETHORPES (Monday-Friday 09.00 - 17.00)
Civic Centre, Pelham Road, IMMINGHAM, DN40 1QF (Monday & Friday 09.00 - 13.00, 13.30 - 16.00. Wednesday 10.00 - 14.00)
At the Post Office to: Girobank Account Number: 2143321
At any bank: The Council's bank details are:
Barclays Bank PLC
Account Number: 63830578
Sort Code: 20 - 35 - 27 For the credit of: North East Lincolnshire Council