The North East Lincolnshire Young Witness Service is for all children and young people under 18, who are called to give evidence in any of the courts in the borough, this includes the Youth Court, Magistrates Court and Crown Court.
Children and young people who give evidence in cases where a serious crime has been committed are doing the public a great service and are helping to make North East Lincolnshire a safer place to live, therefore it is essential to offer appropriate support.
The service is based on the National Standards for young witness preparation and good practice.
The service will work with young witnesses and their parents and carers before they go to court to:
- make sure that they have the right support in place to hep them to give best evidence
- explain what is going to happen and what sort of help they can get at court
- arrange a visit to the court before the day of the trial
- support them at court on the day of the trial
- support them after the trial
For more information please contact us using the details at the bottom of this page.
Please find available to download at the bottom of this page;
Young Witness Service - Service Statement
- Young Witness Service - Information for Parents / Carers
- Young Witness Service - Process Map
- Young Witness Service - Preparing Young Witnesses for Court
- Young Witness Service - Recruitment Flyer
If you require any further information or assistance you can contact the Local Safeguarding Children Board using the contact details on the right hand side of this page.