You are here: Home > Your council > The council as an organisation > Compliments, complaints and suggestions

Compliments, complaints and suggestions

Contact information


Informatics, Governance and Complaints


Municipal Offices, Town Hall Square, Grimsby, North East Lincolnshire, DN31 1HU


01472 326427


Opening Times


08:30 to 17.00 (telephone)


08:30 to 17.00 (telephone)


08:30 to 17.00 (telephone)


08:30 to 17.00 (telephone)


08:30 to 16:30 (telephone)





Bank Holidays:


Wheelchair access Wheelchair access

Adapted toilet Adapted toilet

Document Downloads





Corporate Feedback Policy



Adobe PDF

Feedback Leaflet

North East Lincolnshire Council Feedback Leaflet


Adobe PDF

Compliments, Complaints and Suggestions Form A4

If you would like to complete the form on paper please print this document


Adobe PDF

Complaints Protocol 2015



Microsoft Word

We welcome your Feedback to help us improve our services.

Suggestions and compliments

If you would like to make a suggestion about how we can improve, please let us know by using the online suggestions form found under the heading 'Related Forms' on the right hand side of this page.

If you have had a pleasant experience please tell us about it.

We like to hear when people compliment us on the quality of our service and of the special attention given by our employees. Compliments help us understand what we are doing well and what our customers really value.

Submitted compliments via our online compliment form are passed to the relevant Head of Service who will pass the feedback to the service manager or employee and thank them for providing excellent service to the customer.

The points raised will be used to help us evidence examples of good practice and improve other areas of the Council.

How can we improve the Council service

We want to provide good quality services for everyone, but things can sometimes go wrong. If they do, we need to know so we can put them right and learn from them.

If you are unhappy with any of our services, you can fill in the online complaints form at the right hand side of the page under the heading 'Related Forms'. 

We will acknowledge your complaint within two working days and reply to you in more detail within 10 working days.  If you are unhappy with our reply, we will explain how you can appeal to the Director of the service.

Our Complaints Booklet is available for download, as is our Corporate Feedback Policy, in the download section on the right hand side of this page.

If your complaint relates to an issue in the list below or in the ‘Find out more’ section, please follow the links to find out about our specific arrangements for these type of complaints:

Adults Social Care Complaints

If you have a complaint about any adult social care services, please contact the Clinical Commissioning Group who will be happy to advise on the procedure.

Children's Social Care Complaints

If you have a complaint about any children's social care service, please contact the Information Governance and Complaints team who will be happy to advise on the procedure.

Multi Agency Complaints Protocol

The Multi Agency Complaints Protocol is applied when feedback requires a co-ordinated handling across all organisations such as North East Lincolnshire Council, Clinical Commissioning Group and Northern Lincolnshire and Goole NHS foundation trust. This protocol is intended to ensure that any feedback about a jointly provided service, or that involves services provided by more than one organisation, is dealt with seamlessly, promptly and clearly through a co-ordinated process, and as stated in the Local Authority Social Service and NHS Complaints (England) Regulations 2009.

Councillor Complaints

Complaints about Elected Members and Parish Councillors are conducted under the Code of Conduct.

Data Protection Complaints

If you wish to complain about any aspect of how we have processed your personal information or applied the Data Protection Act you should contact the Informatics and Research team.

Insurance claims

The Corporate Complaints procedure does not provide compensation if you have suffered damage or loss. If it is your intention to make a claim then you should submit this to the insurance section, as following the complaints process may delay matters.

Handling of your Freedom of Information requests

If you are unhappy with the handling of your Freedom of Information request you can contact our Strategy, Change and Information team to discuss it further or request an internal review.

Local Government Ombudsman

If you have exhausted all stages of the Corporate and Statutory Complaints processes and feel that your complaint has still not been satisfactorily resolved, you can take your issue to the Local Government Ombudsman.

A to Z of Council Services:

  1. A
  2. B
  3. C
  4. D
  5. E
  6. F
  7. G
  8. H
  9. I
  10. J
  11. K
  12. L
  13. M
  14. N
  15. O
  16. P
  17. Q
  18. R
  19. S
  20. T
  21. U
  22. V
  23. W
  24. X
  25. Y
  26. Z
  27. 0 - 9
Some of our website rely on cookies to improve your experience. If you want to stop cookies entirely, please visit our cookies section