Parks host free sporting activities.
TRY out a host of Olympics sports at a roadshow in August which is free for children of all ages. North East Lincolnshire Council’s sports development team will be visiting a number of the area’s parks from Monday, August 20, bringing events and activities inspired by the games.
Children can find out what sport they enjoy and find out if there is a club in the area so they can attend regular sporting sessions.
The events are taking place on:
- Monday, August 20 from 10am to noon at Neville Turner Way, Waltham
- Monday, August 20 from1pm to 3pm at Haverstoe Park, Cleethorpes
- Tuesday, August 21 from 10am to noon at Roval Drive, Immingham
- Tuesday, August 21 from 1pm to 3pm at Duke of York Gardens, Grimsby
- Wednesday, August 22 from 10am to noon at Sussex Recreation playing fields
- Wednesday, August 22 from 1pm to 3pm at Weelsby Woods, Grimsby
- Tuesday, August 28 from 10am to noon at Nunsthorpe Recreation ground, Grimsby
- Tuesday, August 28 from1pm to 3pm at People’s Park, Grimsby
- Wednesday, August 29 from 10am to noon at Kingston Gardens, Grimsby
- Wednesday, August 29 from 1pm to 3pm at Cleethorpes Boating Lake
This roadshow is an additional project organised by the council this summer following the success of the Love Parks Week sporting activities during July and also the rise in sporting interest following the summer’s Olympic Games. The roadshow has received funding from Sport England’s community games fund.