You are here: Home > News > 2012 > March > How to apply to host a Jubilee street party

How to apply to host a Jubilee street party

All you need to know for events in North East Lincolnshire

PEOPLE who are planning to hold a street party to celebrate The Queen’s Diamond Jubilee in June are being reminded that they should apply by May 1.

Organisers of street parties are required to submit a North East Lincolnshire Council Public Events Group notification form a month before the celebrations, which take place on the weekend of June 2 to 5.

Street parties organised by groups of friends or neighbours, parish councils, resident associations or any other community group are usually easy to arrange. If the event requires part or all of a street to be closed, organisers must also fill in a request form for Balfour Beatty Workplace’s highways department.

Applications for road closures for Jubilee celebrations are free. However, they must be submitted to the highways department by Monday, May 28, to allow time for statutory public notices to be displayed. Any enquiries regarding road closures may be directed to Dave Poucher, principal traffic engineer, on (01472) 324497.

Any enquiries regarding the PEG notification forms should be directed to Linda Holdich, senior support officer, on (01472) 324780.

To apply to host a street party, please complete the following form:

If you wish to close part or all of your street for the event, you must also complete the following highways form:

General information about organising a public event can be found here:

A to Z of Council Services:

  1. A
  2. B
  3. C
  4. D
  5. E
  6. F
  7. G
  8. H
  9. I
  10. J
  11. K
  12. L
  13. M
  14. N
  15. O
  16. P
  17. Q
  18. R
  19. S
  20. T
  21. U
  22. V
  23. W
  24. X
  25. Y
  26. Z
  27. 0 - 9
Some of our website rely on cookies to improve your experience. If you want to stop cookies entirely, please visit our cookies section