Grimsby & Immingham Port Health Team
If you are a business wanting particular information about Port Health - Please click on the 'Port Health' link on the right hand side under 'Related Content'
The Port Health team for Grimsby and Immingham is part of the Public Protection Department of North East Lincolnshire Council and has a dedicated Port Health Office at Grimsby Docks.
Port Health service functions include:
- Imported food control - Products of Animal Origin through our Border Inspection post.
- Imported Food Control - Foods not of Animal Origin including sampling of high risk foodstuffs. (e.g nuts and dried fruit).
- Ship Inspections - The inspection of vessels to issue an international Ship Sanitation Certificate or control certificate.
- Ships water sampling.
- Food Hygiene and Safety Inspections of Fish processors and other food premises based on the port estates.
- Food Hygiene and safety inspections of Mobile Fish Vans.
- Enforcement of IUU legislation. (Illegal, Unregulated and Unreported Fishing).
- Issuing of Export Health Certificates.
Organic Imports - Certifying the importation of organic food and feed.
- Enforcement of International Catering waste legislation.
Find out more:
To find our more information about Port Health - Click on the 'Port Health' link on the right-hand side of the screen under 'Related Content'.