We're always eager to keep our cafe menu as appealing as possible. That's why we are giving you the chance to help us write it!
We want to know your thoughts and ideas on what you would like to see on our menu!
The person that produces the idea that we like best will win a meal for two at the Grimsby Fishing Heritage Centre and at the Cleethorpes Discovery Centre and a luxury home-made red velvet cake!
How does that float your boat!?
Send us your ideas on Facebook or email us at the Discovery Centre. This will help to make it easier for us to contact you if you win!
Lets get creative and good luck!
The Discovery Centre is renowned for its innovative design and beautiful scenery.
It has a cafe which is popular with both locals and visitors, in addition to exhibition areas plus 2nd floor viewing area overlooking the estuary and salt marsh.
- We serve a wide range of light refreshments, hot and cold food, snacks and drinks
- We support local suppliers as we believe in encouraging and enriching the local economy
- All food is freshly prepared to ensure that food is of the highest quality and taste
- Gluten free and healthy options are available upon request
- Our produce is either locally sourced or home made
- The café is proud advocates of supporting fair-trade, with many products including our coffee beans being fair-trade
- Food and drinks are available to eat inside and are also available for take out
- Outdoor eating area is available
- Catering is available for corporate events
- Good access and facilities for wheelchair users
- Toilets and ample parking
- Baby changing facilities are available
- Outside and indoor seating is available
Outside there is a sand pit and paddling pool as well as outside seating. There are also pleasant walks around the Discovery Centre and plenty of wildlife and you can even hire rowing boat to ride around the lake.
Exhibitions and Events
The Cleethorpes Discovery Centre frequently hosts exhibitions in its two gallery spaces. For more information on upcoming exhibitions and events at the centre, take a look at our Facebook page at www.facebook.com/CleethorpesDiscoveryCentre or, alternatively, contact the centre on 01472 325012.
How to find us
From M18, M180, A180
- Take the 2nd exit at Isaac's Hill roundabout on to the A1098
- Once at the top of Isaac's Hill you will see a mini roundabout, go straight over this and at the next roundabout turn right
- You will now be parallel to the seafront. Continue along this road until you reach the Leisure Centre on your left
- Carry straight along this road, past the bowling alley and cinema on your right then straight over the next roundabout
- You will then come to another roundabout where you need to turn left into the Lakeside car park
If using a SatNav system then our post code is DN35 0AG.
Alternatively you can link to the AA route planner web site for more detailed directions to find us.
Feel free to contact us on 01472 325012 for any further queries that you may have.