The Discovery Centre is renowned for its innovative design and beautiful scenery.
It has a cafe which is popular with both locals and visitors, in addition to exhibition areas plus 2nd floor viewing area overlooking the estuary and salt marsh.
- We serve a wide range of light refreshments, hot and cold food, snacks and drinks.
- We support local suppliers as we believe in encouraging and enriching the local economy.
- All food is freshly prepared to ensure that food is of the highest quality and taste.
- Gluten free and healthy options are available upon request.
- Our produce is either locally sourced or home made.
- The café is proud advocates of supporting fair-trade, with many products including our coffee beans being fair-trade.
- Food and drinks are available to eat inside and are also available for take out.
- Out door eating area is available
- Catering is available for corporate events.
- Good access and facilities for wheelchair users,
- Toilets and ample parking.
- Baby changing facilities are available.
- Outside and indoor seating is available.
Outside there is a sand pit and paddling pool as well as out side seating. There are also pleasant walks around the Discovery Centre and plenty of wildlife and you can even hire rowing boat to ride around the lake.
The Community Gallery on the ground floor and The Exhibition Gallery are located on the first floor. Exhibitions are changed throughout the year and also during the holidays there are children's activities available. For further information please contact Amy Wood General Manager on 01472 697699.
How to find us
From M18, M180, A180
- Take the 2nd exit at Isaac's Hill roundabout on to the A1098.
- Once at the top of Isaac's Hill you will see a mini roundabout, go straight over this and at the next roundabout turn right.
- You will now be parallel to the seafront. Continue along this road until you reach the Leisure Centre on your left.
- Carry straight along this road, past the bowling alley and cinema on your right then straight over the next roundabout.
- You will then come to another roundabout where you need to turn left into the Lakeside car park.
If using a SatNav system then our post code is DN35 0AG.
Alternatively you can link to the AA route planner web site for more detailed directions to find us.
Feel free to contact us on 01472 325012 for any further queries that you may have.