Grant Thorold Park was given to the borough of Grimsby in 1911 by the Grant Thorold family. It was purpose built as a public park and sits in an urban setting and adjacent to a public library. The new library is now open with its main feature a living green wall. The park has
- two children's play areas
- multi-use games area,
all against a backdrop of mature trees. All work is done in consultation with the group Friends of Grant Thorold Park.