Welcome to the Building Control Service for North East Lincolnshire Council.
Building Regulations exist to ensure that newly constructed buildings and alterations meet minimum standards in the following areas:
- Health and safety
- Access and facilities for all
- Conservation of fuel and power
For this reason, there are guidelines about the construction of foundations, floors, wall, roofs, drains, etc. The regulations about buildings and fire safety are particularly complex, and it is advisable to seek advice at an early stage.
Our service does not provide a guarantee of compliance or a quality control service. We may have inspected the work and issued a decision and completion certificate but this is not a guarantee or compliance. Our involvement does not remove the responsibility of the person undertaking the work and the owner in meeting the requirements of the regulations.
Building Regulation applications are processed by the Building Control Service and the main functions of this are as follows:
- Ensure Building Regulations are achieved
- Provide help and advice to customers regarding Building Regulations
- Give help and advice on the safety of Sports Grounds
- Provide help and advice on Dangerous Structures including issuing appropriate notices
- Arrange appropriate notices and action in respect of Demolitions
- Street naming and numbering
Please be aware that the Building Control Service only deals with the construction aspect and in some circumstances you will still need to gain Planning approval for any work being carried out.
If you are considering any sort of building work or alterations then contact us for free friendly advice.
If you are having construction or refurbishment work done, you may need to notify the Health and Safety Executive (HSE) and you may have other duties as well.