Advice and services available to residents with regard to asbestos.
Asset Management Service – Asbestos
The Asset Management Service provides professional advice on all technical aspects of asbestos to members of the public when faced with the need to remove or dispose of asbestos-containing materials.
More information on asbestos can be found in the Related FAQ and Useful Websites sections at the bottom of this page.
For advice on the removal of asbestos please contact the Asbestos Officer, or for advice on asbestos disposal at the Grimsby Community Recycling Centre please telephone the Waste Hotline - details for both can be found to the right of this page.
Asbestos Disposal Facilities
Asbestos may be disposed of by householders at the Grimsby Community Recycling Centre. Please note:
- This must be pre-booked through North East Lincolnshire Council's Waste Hotline
- A minimum of 24 hours' notice will be required
- The Waste Hotline will transfer you to the Waste Strategy section, if no officer is available at that time, one will call you back
- Only bonded asbestos can be accepted, i.e. guttering, drainpipe, rigid sheets
- All waste must be double bagged
- small items in heavy duty plastic bags and sealed with tape
- larger sheets should be wrapped in heavy duty (minimum 500 gauge) polythene sheets and tightly sealed with duct tape
- A maximum of 3 sheets can be accepted at any time, with a maximum of 2 visits per week
- Residents will be required to load their own asbestos directly into the waste container provided
- It is the individual's responsibility to ensure that the correct Personal Protective Equipment is used when disposing of asbestos at the site
- Recommended PPE:
- Dust mask (Type FFP3)
- Disposable overalls fitted with a hood
- Safety glasses
- Residents must show ID to the CRC attendant from the address the asbestos has been produced from in North East Lincolnshire (i.e. utility bill, driving licence, etc.)
- Asbestos will not be accepted on site if:
- it is fibrous
- it is not double wrapped or secured with duct tape
Asbestos Disposal Times
|Monday / Tuesday / Thursday / Friday
||8.30 - 3.30
||8.30 - 12.30
|Sunday / Wednesday / Bank Holidays
||Asbestos not accepted