Updates and guidance on civil parking enforcement
North East Lincolnshire adopted the powers granted under the Traffic Management Act 2004 and introduced civil parking enforcement on the 5th July 2010.
The service is delivered by civil enforcement officers who are responsible for enforcing against contraventions both on the street and in Council car parks.
How will we deliver the service? We will follow our Parking Charter:
The Parking Charter
North East Lincolnshire’s approach to parking enforcement is to be fair but firm and the Council’s parking charter outlines how we intend to deliver the best possible service to motorists.
- We will explain and communicate the parking rules.
- Where possible we will photograph parking contraventions to support the issue of a penalty charge notice.
- We will regularly monitor traffic signs and road markings to help motorists parking throughout the Borough.
- We will review parking services regularly to see how they can be improved.
- We will take consistent enforcement action to deter inconsiderate parking.
- We will pursue people who try and evade penalty charges to recover debt owed to the Council.
- We will work with the police to prevent crime and anti-social behaviour and to protect our parking staff against abuse and violence.
Best possible service
- We will reply quickly to representations against penalty charge notices whilst fully investigating motorists’ comments.
- We will aim to get penalty charge notices right first time using accurate “hand-held” technology.
- We will develop on-line services to improve customer access to information.
Parking Staff will adopt a helpful attitude and a consistent approach to enforcement in order to encourage lawful and considerate parking. Our customer promise is we will always:
- Be professional, fair and courteous.
- Be polite, calm and understanding.
- Be open and honest.
- Offer advice on the appeals procedure if requested.
This Parking Charter is developed to compliment the Council’s existing Customer Charter.
To read the full guidance on our civil parking enforcement procedures, download the document at the right of the page.