North East Lincolnshire Council and its regeneration partner, ENGIE, will be starting annual maintenance works to the A18 from Monday 1 April for five days.
The routine works will be carried out under a road closure between the hours of 7am and 6pm to ensure the safety of all road users and staff and contractors working on the highway.
The road closure will be carried out in three phases from the junction of the A46 Laceby Road to the North East Lincolnshire boundary near Ludborough.
The phases of the road closures are:
- Monday 1 April and Tuesday 2 April – A46 Laceby Road junction to Waltham Road junction
- Wednesday 3 April – Waltham Road junction to Ashby Hill roundabout
- Thursday 4 April and Friday 5 April – Ashby Hill roundabout to borough boundary including temporary traffic signals at Ashby Hill roundabout.
Works will be carried out jointly by ENGIE and NELC Neighbourhood Services to maximise the use of the road closure so as much work can be completed as possible on the road to reduce disruption to motorists.
During the road closure, the following works will be completed:
- Sections of carriageway patching on Ashby Hill roundabout
- Road tests on sections of the carriageway to determine the condition of the road
- Drainage inspections
- Replacement of damaged verges
- Re-sitting of existing 50mph repeater signs
- Routine maintenance works including grass cutting, hedge trimming, weed spraying, road sweeping and litter picking.
Advanced warning and local diversion signs will be in place during the works.
Access during the closure will only be available for emergency vehicles, businesses and residents.
The road will be re-opened to all traffic (except HGVs) between the hours of 6pm and 7am.
North East Lincolnshire Council and its regeneration partner, ENGIE, apologises for any inconvenience caused by the works.
Visit www.nelincs.gov.uk/roadworks for the latest live travel information in the borough, including congestion and roadworks.