Will I be able to apply?
Find out if you’re eligible for Universal Credit (UC).
Work out what you are entitled to by using the free benefits calculators to see what you can claim:
When you have applied for UC, a work coach will go through with you what you will need to do to set up and manage your claim.
Check you have everything you need before you apply
- Access to the Internet
- An email address
- Your postcode
- Your National Insurance number
- Details of the bank, building society or credit union account you want UC paid into
- Your rent agreement (if you have one)
- Details of your savings or other capital
- Details of any income that’s not from work; eg from an insurance plan
- Details of any other benefits you’re getting
- Details of any children, including their Child Benefit numbers
You might also need these details for people who live in your home, eg; your partner.
Learn my Way
Want to learn about UC and how to work out if you can claim via an online course?
You will learn about UC and how to work out if you can claim. The course will also show you how to make your first claim online and tell you what information you will need to do this.