Campaigns, events and roadshows
Details of campaigns to help cut down on waste
Try before you buy
Comfybots provides a cloth nappy hire if you want to try a few washable nappies before you buy. Large kits of 20 nappies, plus bucket etc to hire, or just enough to last a day – its up to you. Nothing to lose, plenty to save!
Contact Tracey, firstname.lastname@example.org or mobile 07833962584.
If parents want to borrow a large amount of nappies and bucket etc. there is a refundable deposit to pay, plus a small charge of a couple of pounds a week, for wear and tear. There is a small, free, kit that can be lent out with enough nappies to last a day.
Cute, comfy, easy to wash
Modern, washable nappy options are the popular choice with todays parents, they are cute, comfy, easy to use and wash, they are far better for the environment for our babies futures and even better they are much less expensive than disposable versions. Every day 8 million nappies are thrown away in the UK
- The average baby produces 12 full wheelie bins of disposable nappies each year
Real nappies have progressed a long way from terry towel and safety pins.
- a breathable, waterproof cover
- fastened by poppers, velcro or plastic grips giving a snug comfortable fit
- soft absorbent nappy padding
- a biodegradable liner that can be flushed away
- a huge range of sizes, styles and colours
- designed to last until potty training
- cheaper than disposables even including washing costs, half the price over the infancy of a child
Not having to collect and dispose of this waste is environmentally and financially wise. It reduces the amount of waste being transported and incinerated. It helps improve the environment for those babies futures, by reducing harmful climate change gases; reducing emissions from transport and disposal, improving air quality; and minimising waste and resource use from continual purchase and disposal of the throwaway kind.
For more information about products and their benefits you can visit the national Go real campaign’s website.
Holding an event?
If you are holding an event and would like advice on how to encourage recycling as part of your event, please get in touch using the contact details below.
Telephone: 01472 326288
- Bin or box collections including missed collections
- New or replacement bin, recycling box or arrange a repair
- Recycling enquiries
- Bulky waste, white goods collection or clinical waste & sharps collection
- Community recycling centres
- Domestic asbestos disposal
Twitter general enquiries @NELCouncil
Opening times: Monday to Friday 8.30 am to 5 pm except bank holidays