Advice on disposing of asbestos, including pre-booking a disposal time.
ENGIE provide professional advice on all technical aspects of asbestos to members of the public when faced with the need to remove or dispose of asbestos-containing materials.
To speak to the Asbestos Officer on 01472 326289 option 3, option 4 or for advice on asbestos disposal at the Grimsby community recycling centre please telephone the waste hotline on 01472 326288 option 6.
Asbestos may be disposed of by householders at the Grimsby community recycling centre.
- This must be pre-booked through North East Lincolnshire Council’s waste hotline
- A minimum of 24 hours’ notice will be required
- The waste hotline will take details from you and advise you of the terms and conditions
- Only bonded asbestos can be accepted, i.e. guttering, drainpipe, rigid sheets
- All waste must be double bagged
- Small items in heavy duty plastic bags and sealed with tape
- Larger sheets should be wrapped in heavy duty (minimum 500 gauge) polythene sheets and tightly sealed with duct tape
- A maximum of three sheets at a time, with a maximum of two visits per week and a maximum of one visit per day
- The hatch on the Asbestos container measures 4′ 10″ wide and 3′ deep, (150cm wide, 1 metre deep). Any length is accepted. Therefore; please ensure sealed asbestos containing material packages (ACM) do not exceed dimensions. Any ACM’s packages which are too large to fit through the hatch will not be accepted at the site
- Residents will be required to load their own asbestos directly into the waste container provided
- It is the individual’s responsibility to ensure that the correct Personal Protective Equipment is used when disposing of asbestos at the site
- Recommended PPE:
- Dust mask (Type FFP3)
- Disposable overalls fitted with a hood
- Safety glasses
- Residents must show two forms of ID, one should be photographic, to the CRC attendant from the address the asbestos has been produced from in North East Lincolnshire (i.e. utility bill, driving licence, etc.). The resident must be present in the vehicle if someone else is driving
- Asbestos will not be accepted on site if:
- It is fibrous
- It is not double wrapped or secured with duct tape
Monday / Tuesday / Thursday / Friday – 8.30 am to 3.30 pm
Saturday – 8.30 am to 12.30 pm
Sunday / Wednesday / bank holidays – asbestos not accepted
Waste hotline, Doughty Road, Grimsby, North East Lincolnshire, DN32 0LL
Telephone: 01472 326288 option 6
Asbestos Officer, New Oxford House, 2 George Street, Grimsby, North East Lincolnshire, DN31 1HB
Telephone: 01472 326289 option 3, option 4
Social media: Twitter general enquiries @NELCouncil