Buy a copy certificate
Replacement birth, death and marriage certificates for events registered in North East Lincolnshire are available from the Superintendent Registrar
- Save time and money – do it online!
- Place an order 24 hours a day, seven days a week, 365 days a year from your own computer or at the self-service computer at Cleethorpes Town Hall or the Municipal Offices between 8.30 am and 4.30 pm
- Processing of the order and payment is quicker, easier and secure
- Please note: if you order over the telephone or face to face there is an additional handling fee of £2.50 to pay in addition to the certificate cost
Costs with effect from 1 April 2016
Type of certificate – online prices:
Standard birth, death and marriage certificate – £10.00
Premium service (inc. certificate) three hour service – £27.00
Premium service (inc. certificate) two day service – £22.00
Type of certificate – telephone and face to face applications:
Standard birth, death and marriage certificate – £12.50
Premium service (inc. certificate) three hour service – £29.50
Premium service (inc. certificate) two day service – £24.50
Please note: we recommend that you telephone the office prior to travelling any distance to the office to ensure we will be in a position to help you
- East Ravendale
- Great Coates
- New Waltham
- West Ravendale
- Wold Newton
- Date of birth
- Place of birth
- Full name at birth
- Parent’s names, including mother’s maiden surname if married at the time of the birth
- Date of death
- Place of death
- Full name of deceased
- Date of birth
- Groom’s full name
- Bride’s full name prior to marriage
- Date of marriage
- Place of marriage, including the name of the building, church or register office and the address
If you do not know the building where the marriage took place, a much longer search is involved and could delay your certificate
If you require a birth certificate for the purposes of a passport application or employment we advise that you obtain a standard certificate. If you were born after 1982 you will have to provide a standard certificate for these purposes.
Payment can be made by:
- Credit or debit card
- Postal order – made payable to ‘North East Lincolnshire Council’
- Cash – for those who attend in person at the Register Office, Town Hall, Knoll Street, Cleethorpes you can pay by cash.
If you do not have a debit or credit card, and do not live locally to enable a visit to the office, you can apply through the post.
- You will need to write a letter stating the date of the event, the location of the event and the names of the party(ies)
Please note: we do not accept cheques as a form of payment
You will therefore need to send a postal order made payable to ‘North East Lincolnshire Council’ for the relevant fee. All certificates are returned by second class post, unless the application is accompanied by a stamped, self addressed envelope.
Please note: we cannot supply certificates for births, deaths and marriages which did not take place in the North East Lincolnshire Registration District.
If you have been subject to formal adoption proceedings you will have to apply for your adoption certificate from the General Register Office. Your original birth certificate is no longer a legal document.
Registration and Celebratory Service, Cleethorpes Town Hall, Cleethorpes, North East Lincolnshire, DN35 8LN
Telephone: 01472 326295 – option 2
Opening times: Monday to Friday 9 am to 4 pm except bank holidays
Access for wheelchair users is available to the rear of Cleethorpes Town Hall