North East Lincolnshire Council

Buy a copy certificate

Buy a copy certificate by completing our online form for Replacement Certificate: Birth, Death, Marriage or Civil Partnership

Replacement birth, death and marriage certificates for events registered in North East Lincolnshire are available from the Superintendent Registrar.

Save time and money by doing it online. You can place an order online at any time of the day by completing our Replacement certificate form.

If you order over the telephone or face to face there is a handling fee of £3 to pay in addition to the cost of the replacement certificate.

Cleethorpes Town Hall is open Monday to Friday between 9am and 4pm (except bank holidays).

Online copy certificate prices

Standard service birth, death and marriage certificate – £11
Premium next working day service (inc. certificate) – £35

Telephone and face to face certificate prices

Standard service birth, death and marriage certificate – £14
Premium next working day service (inc. certificate) – £38

We recommend that you telephone the office prior to travelling any distance to the office to ensure we will be in a position to help you.

  • Ashby-cum-Fenby
  • Aylesby
  • Barnoldby-le-Beck
  • Beelsby
  • Bradley
  • Brigsley
  • Cleethorpes
  • East Ravendale
  • Great Coates
  • Grimsby
  • Habrough
  • Hatcliffe
  • Hawerby-cum-Beesby
  • Healing
  • Humberston
  • Immingham
  • Irby
  • Laceby
  • Stallingborough
  • New Waltham
  • Waltham
  • West Ravendale
  • Wold Newton

If you need to request a certificate from a neighbouring area, you will need to contact one of the following local authorities.

Birth certificate

  • Date of birth
  • Place of birth
  • Full name at birth
  • Parent’s names, including mother’s maiden surname if married at the time of the birth

Death certificate

  • Date of death
  • Place of death
  • Full name of deceased
  • Date of birth

Marriage certificate

  • Groom’s full name
  • Bride’s full name prior to marriage
  • Date of marriage
  • Place of marriage, including the name of the building, church or register office and the address

If you do not know the building where the marriage took place, a much longer search is involved and could delay your certificate.

If you require a birth certificate for the purposes of a passport application or employment we advise that you obtain a standard certificate. If you were born after 1982 you will have to provide a standard certificate for these purposes.

Payment can be made by

  • Credit or debit card
  • Postal order – made payable to ‘North East Lincolnshire Council’
  • Cash – for those who attend in person at the Register Office, Town Hall, Knoll Street, Cleethorpes

If you do not have a debit or credit card, and do not live locally to enable a visit to the office, you can apply through the post.

  • You will need to write a letter stating the date of the event, the location of the event and the names of the party(ies)

We do not accept cheques as a form of payment.

You will therefore need to send a postal order made payable to ‘North East Lincolnshire Council’ for the relevant fee.

We cannot supply certificates for births, deaths and marriages which did not take place in the North East Lincolnshire Registration District.

If you have been subject to formal adoption proceedings you will have to apply for your adoption certificate from the General Register Office. Your original birth certificate is no longer a legal document.

More services

General Register Office – certificate applications

If you need to request a certificate from a neighbouring area, you will need to contact one of the following local authorities.

North Lincolnshire Council

East Riding of Yorkshire Council

Hull City Council

Registration and Celebratory Service, Cleethorpes Town Hall, Cleethorpes, North East Lincolnshire, DN35 8LN


Telephone: 01472 326295 – option 2

Opening times: Monday to Friday 9 am to 4 pm except bank holidays

Access for wheelchair users is available to the rear of Cleethorpes Town Hall