Coroner and coroner’s inquests
The coroner is responsible for the investigation of reported deaths that are:
- violent or unnatural
- sudden and of unknown cause
- in custody
An inquest is to find out who the person was and to establish when, where, and how they died. Our coroner works across North Lincolnshire and North East Lincolnshire.
Address: Coroner’s office, Cleethorpes Town Hall, Knoll Street, Cleethorpes, North East Lincolnshire, DN35 8LN
Telephone: 01472 324005
Track and trace for visitors
We are required by the Government to take track and trace details in advance of the inquest.
If you, your family or friends are attending an inquest you must read and comply with the following requirements:
- Please think carefully whether you need to attend – we would prefer families to send one representative. If you are required to give evidence you must attend.
- You must complete and return the form at least 10 days before the inquest.
- You must comply with social distancing rules.
- You must wear a face covering which you must bring with you. You will remove this if giving evidence. If you are exempt from wearing a face covering due to medical conditions you must produce evidence of this. HM Coroner will not be wearing a face covering.
- You will be expected to disinfect your hands on arrival.
- Only attend 5 minutes before the inquest is scheduled to start. You will not be admitted to the building before this.
- Any discussions after the inquest will take place outside the building.
- There will be no drinking facilities. You will be allowed to bring a bottle of water in with you.
- We need to know in advance if you are a disabled person. This includes if you are hard of hearing.
Failure to comply with the above may result in you being asked to leave.
Report a death to the coroner
A death is usually reported to the coroner by a doctor or the registrations service.
To refer a death to the coroner’s office complete the Report a death to the coroner form.
Details of upcoming coroner’s inquests in Northern Lincolnshire:
|Date, Time & Location||Inquests/Openings||Deceased Name||Age||Date of Death||Place of Death||Coroner|
|Wednesday 28th July 2021 at 10AM at the Town Hall, Town Hall Square, Grimsby, DN31 1HX||Pre-Inquest Review Hearing||Jan STUDZINSKI||50||17th November 2019||South Ferriby||Mr M N Kendall|
|Wednesday 28th July 2021 at 10AM at the Town Hall, Town Hall Square, Grimsby, DN31 1HX||Pre-Inquest Review Hearing||Grzegorz PIETRZYK||49||17th November 2019||South Ferriby||Mr M N Kendall|
|Wednesday 28th July 2021 at 10AM at the Town Hall, Town Hall Square, Grimsby, DN31 1HX||Pre-Inquest Review Hearing||Andrzej ANTOKIAK||46||17th November 2019||South Ferriby||Mr M N Kendall|
|Wednesday 28th July 2021 at 1PM at the Town Hall, Town Hall Square, Grimsby, DN31 1HX||Inquest without Jury||Ronald Ernest SEDDON||84||3rd May 2019||Hull Royal Infirmary||Mr M N Kendall|
|Tuesday 3rd August 2021 at 10AM at the Town Hall, Knoll Street, Cleethorpes, DN35 8LN||Inquest without Jury||Talia Win ROBERTS||24||5th September 2019||Winterton||Mr M N Kendall|