Cleethorpes Regeneration Programme – A major £6.7M programme for key areas in Cleethorpes
Over the past year £6.7million of external funding has been secured to invest in the resort over the next three years.
In March 2017 CoastNEL was awarded nearly £4million from the Coastal Communities Fund to help deliver a number of key projects in Cleethorpes to enhance key areas, provide new facilities and deliver events in the resort.
Key elements of the project include:
- £3.3million which is earmarked to be spent improving the public realm and introducing public art at key arrival sites, the promenades and in the historic town centre streets. This work will build on the £2.77million Townscape Heritage programme due to start in 2018.
- £332K of funding will be spent on marketing and exciting new events to enhance the current programme and help extend the season into an all-year-round tourist destination.
- Plans to transform a beach-front kiosk into an eye-catching entertainment venue.
- A visitor economy specialist who will deliver business support in the form of coaching, mentoring and advice to businesses on customer service, technology, business planning, diversification and marketing.
The CoastNEL team who successfully led the bid, is a partnership of local business people, arts, heritage and tourism groups and the local authority.
To find out more, visit: https://investnel.co.uk/cleethorpesregeneration
Town Deal – A multi-million pound project, backed by the Government, public and private investors for Grimsby
Over 8,800 new jobs and nearly 10,000 new homes will be delivered in Greater Grimsby thanks to a new, ground-breaking Stage 1 Town Deal worth £67m, the Government announced in July.
The Deal will give Grimsby major investment to improve key roads and establish Enterprise Zones which will attract and support businesses to the area increasing further investment and employment. One example of this is Ørsted, who are building the UK’s largest operations base for offshore wind at Grimsby’s Royal Dock providing a total of 350 jobs for local people.
For more information, visit: www.investnel.co.uk/towndeal
South Humber Industrial Investment Programme (SHIIP) – A £30m project to deliver major infrastructure investments, industrial sites and create employment
SHIIP is a £30 million project to deliver major infrastructure investments, industrial sites and employment creation in North East Lincolnshire, UK.
The programme is focused on 6 enterprise zone sites, totalling 189 hectares (467 acres), located on the south bank of the Humber estuary. Working in partnership, North East Lincolnshire Council and ENGIE are delivering SHIIP over a period of 5-10 years.
For more information, visit: www.southhumber.co.uk
A180 South Humber Bank Highway Improvements scheme
In 2018 we secured nearly £2.1m from the Humber Local Enterprise Partnership (HLEP) to improve and carry out essential maintenance to two key industrial roads directly linked to the A180.
The total project is worth £2.6m with £0.5m jointly contributed between North East Lincolnshire Council and Network Rail.
The two roads; Moody and Woad Lane, are the main access routes to key employment sites in Grimsby and will link to the junction of the new Humber Link Road. Work will start in March and take 10 months to complete.
This is the first phase of a planned three stage programme of road and cycle improvements to the A180 and its link roads.
The objectives of this first phase are to:
- Maintain and enhance access to the existing industrial estates adjoining the A180 and employment sites on the South Humber Bank, improving journey time reliability for road users
- Provide new safer off-road facilities for cyclists and pedestrians
- Provide long term cost savings by improving the condition of the highway
- Reduce the risk of disruption and congestion on these estate roads.
You can find out more and comment on the scheme until 14 February at https://moodylane.questionpro.eu
Scheme email address: A180SouthHumberBankMajorMaintenance@nelincs.gov.uk