North East Lincolnshire Council

Change or update your Council Tax details

You must let us know as soon as possible about any change of circumstances that may affect your Council Tax bill. You will need to continue to pay your Council Tax instalments until you hear from us to avoid any issues.

Types of change in circumstance

A change of circumstance could be that:

  • someone has moved in or out of your home
  • you have changed your name
  • you have moved or are moving address
  • you have a new home

Report a change in your circumstance

If there has been a change in your household details you need to Report a change of circumstance.

Report a change of address

If you have moved house or need to register for the first time in our area then Report a change of address.

If you do not know your council tax account reference number you can still complete the forms. Just leave these questions blank.

Single person discount

If you are the only adult living in your home then you may be able to claim a discount. To do this you need to Apply for single person discount.

If you are claiming this discount and you are no longer the only adult living in your home then you need to Cancel your single person discount.

Other discounts and exemptions

For details of all other discounts and exemptions go to Get money off your Council Tax bill.

Change of tenant

If you are a landlord or their agent and there has been a change in tenant you need to Report a change of tenant.

To register to vote at your new address go to GOV.UK – Register to vote.

Contact details

Council Tax, Local Taxation and Benefits, Municipal Offices, Town Hall Square, Grimsby, DN31 1HU


Telephone: 0300 3030164 option 5

Telephone opening times: Monday to Friday 9am to 4:30pm, except bank holidays