COVID-19: Business grants and support
Government grants are being made available in North East Lincolnshire to help businesses get through the COVID-19 emergency.
Measures announced by government so far include:
Business Rate Relief
100% Business rate relief for all businesses in the retail, hospitality and leisure sectors for 2020/21 and 100% Business rate relief for all non-Local Authority child care providers for 2020/21. For these, new bills will be issued to businesses as soon as possible.
Find out more about Business Rate relief.
Small Business Grant and Retail, Hospitality and Leisure Grant
Under the Small Business Grant, all businesses in England in receipt of Small Business Rates Relief (SBRR) and Rural Rates Relief (RRR) will be eligible for a payment of £10,000.
Grants of up to £25,000 for businesses in the retail, hospitality and leisure sectors with a rateable value of less than £51,000.
Find out more about the Small Business Grant Fund and the Retail, Hospitality and Leisure grant fund:
- GOV.UK – Check if you are eligible for the Small Business Grant Fund
- GOV.UK – Check if you are eligible for the Retail, Hospitality and Leisure Grant Fund
- Eligibility and Guidance for Grants (PDF)
- Business Support Grant FAQs (Word document)
- Business support grant application form
Local Authority Discretionary Grants Fund
The Government has recently granted Local Authorities some discretion over the eligibility of the business rates grants. As a result of this, some previously ineligible businesses can now be considered for this extended scheme. There are limited funds available and businesses that have already accessed a grant through other COVID related schemes are not eligible to apply (apart from the Self-Employment Income Support Scheme). This scheme is currently closed for applications. Applications received are currently being reviewed.
Self-Employment Income Support Scheme (SEISS)
The Chancellor announced a new scheme at the end of March to support self-employed people whose business has been adversely affected by coronavirus. The Self-Employment Income Support Scheme provides a taxable grant of 80% of average monthly trading profits, paid in a single instalment of up to a total of £7,500.
Find out more about the Self-Employment Income Support Scheme.
Large Business Interruption Loan Scheme
The Coronavirus Large Business Interruption Loan Scheme (CLBILS) supports large businesses, with an annual turnover of over £45 million. All viable businesses with turnover of more than £45 million per year can apply for up to £25 million of finance. Firms with a turnover of more than £250 million can apply for up to £50 million of finance.
The scheme is available through a series of accredited lenders, which are listed on the British Business Bank website.
Find out more about the Large business interruption loan scheme.
Bounce Back Loan Scheme (BBLS)
Additionally, the Government has introduced a guaranteed loan scheme for any small or medium sized business (with turnover of no more than £41 million) that needs access to cash to help with immediate business costs. Businesses can borrow between £2,000 and up to 25% of their turnover. The maximum loan available is £50,000.
To access these facilities, businesses should contact banks and lenders.
Find out more about Bounce back loans.
Help with grant applications
If you need help with grant applications and any other COVID support please email email@example.com to arrange a call back from one of their advisors.
Government guidance to help employers, employees and the self-employed understand how to work safely during the coronavirus pandemic.
The government, in consultation with industry, has produced guidance to help ensure workplaces are as safe as possible.
These guides cover a range of different types of work. Many businesses operate more than one type of workplace, such as an office, factory and fleet of vehicles. You may need to use more than one of these guides as you think through what you need to do to keep people safe.
- GOV.UK – Working safely during COVID-19
- GOV.UK – Self certification sign for COVID-19 secure premises
- GOV.UK – Guidance for organisations on supplying safe water supplies
- COVID-19 Safety checklist for business (Word document)
- Pest control checklist for businesses (Word document)
To ask us a question about the guidance use the Businesses staying safe during COVID-19 form.
If you need hard copies of COVID materials for your business, you can visit any of following for supplies:
- Nic Till at Riverhead Coffee Cleethorpes – High street end of St Peter’s Ave
- Nicola – Greenswear, 41 High Street
- Anna Darnell – Abode, Sea View Street
- Lucy at P&L Interiors – Sea View Street
- Ann Smith, Coastal Blue – Market Place, Cleethorpes
- Matt Head, The Globe Coffee Shop – Cambridge Road, Cleethorpes
- Sean McGarel – Freeman Street Hub/Market
- Sabrina – Rock Foundation, 39-41 Heneage Road, Grimsby
- Mike Brierley – M J & A Would Accountancy, 17 Dudley Street, Grimsby