North East Lincolnshire Council’s response to the COVID-19 pandemic is evolving all the time in line with the latest advice from the Government and Public Health England.
As a result, changes have been made to the way cemeteries, parks and beach safety operate.
- The crematorium is closed to the public on weekdays and at weekends. It is only open to people attending funerals.
- Opening times at council cemeteries in Scartho Road and Cleethorpes are limited from 12pm to 6pm until further notice. This will allow staff to carry out essential duties and keep to social distancing rules.
- Funerals are running but only immediate family can attend. All visitors must abide by social distancing rules at all times to reduce the risk of spreading the virus.
- The crematorium offices are closed to the public. Please call or email instead email firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 01472 324869.
- The Beach Safety office in Cleethorpes is now closed to the public. Staff are patrolling the beach but keeping to social distancing rules
- Play areas are closed as part of the new curbs to try to limit the spread of Coronavirus but parks remain open
- Grounds maintenance team members are working in line with the social distancing rules while they keep parks and open spaces looking their best
- Staff from street cleansing are carrying out their duties but have put measures in place to make sure they can do this safely.
The situation is changing all the time and we will continue to keep these decisions under review.
People can now sign up to have updates sent to them directly by registering at www.nelincs.gov.uk/COVID-19-notifications.