COVID-19: Business grants and support
Government grants are being made available in North East Lincolnshire to help businesses get through the COVID-19 emergency.
Business Support Grants during National Lockdown Restrictions (from 5 Jan 2021)
Local Restrictions Support Grants (LRSG) – for businesses forced to remain closed
Further to the Government announcement on 4 January 2021, we have now been placed in a further lockdown situation with businesses forced to close.
This lockdown will be for a minimum of 6 weeks and businesses will receive three 14-day grant allocations in one payment to cover this period. If, after 17 February 2021, we remain in national lockdown, 14-day payments will recommence for each period the country is in national lockdown, or we will revert to Tier schemes.
All ratepaying businesses forced by government to close for this period, are eligible for the following grants:
- Properties with a rateable value of £15k or under will receive £667 per 14-day period (£2,001 for the 6-weeks)
- Properties with a rateable value of over £15k and below £51k will receive £1,000 per 14-day period (£3,000 for 6 weeks)
- Properties with a rateable value of £51k or over will receive £1,500 per 14-day period (£4,500 for 6 weeks)
Additionally, a one-off top-up payment for the whole national lockdown period (end date not yet known) will be paid in addition to the above, to those ratepaying businesses who must remain closed.
- £4,000 for businesses with a rateable value of £15,000 or under
- £6,000 for businesses with a rateable value between £15,000 and £51,000
- £9,000 for businesses with a rateable value of over £51,000
Full eligibility and guidance on all current schemes open can be found in our COVID Business Grants Guidance (Word, 25KB) .
Additional Restrictions Grant (ARG) will be paid to the following businesses who are not eligible for the above.
North East Lincolnshire Council will continue to make discretionary payments to closed businesses who do not pay business rates, and supply chain businesses directly connected to the retail, leisure and hospitality sectors. These will also be in the form of a 3 x 14-day allocations paid as one for the period 6 January to 17 February as follows:
- Businesses in premises but not in the rating system who are identified as being required to close by government will receive £500 per 14-day period – £1,500 for 6 weeks.
- Businesses who do not have business premises and are unable to claim through the Job Retention Scheme or Self-Employed Income Support Scheme who are suppliers, or provide a service to, businesses who are forced to close will receive £350 per 14-day period – £1,050 for 6 weeks.
Supply chain businesses who are not forced to close but have lost a significant amount of their income because they mainly supply to businesses who are closed, will receive the following:
- Properties with a rateable value of £15k or under will receive £467 per 14-day period – £1.401 for the 6-weeks.
- Properties with a rateable value of over £15k and below £51k, will receive £700 per 14-day period – £2,100 for the 6 weeks.
- Properties with a rateable value of £51k or over will receive £1,050 per 14-day period – £3,150 for the 6-weeks.
Further information on the period beyond 17 February 2021 will be provided nearer the time, when we have a clearer picture on whether the national lockdown will continue, or a new Tier system is introduced.
Businesses who completed an application form during the November national lockdown DO NOT NEED to make a new application but will need to advise us of any changes in circumstances.
Businesses who did not make a grant application during the November national lockdown, who have been forced to close or consider themselves to be eligible should complete the Local Restrictions Support Grant Application . Please note, applications for the November lockdown close on 31 January 2021 and no further claims can be accepted after this date.
Wet Pub Christmas Support Grant
The Wet Pub Christmas Support Grant closed on 31 December 2020 and no further applications will be accepted.
Fraud and Corruption – Beware of COVID-19 related scams
Humber Growth Hub – Local business support advice
Business Support – Details of Government support and advice to businesses