COVID-19: Bins and recycling
Garden Waste collections
We’ve had to change garden waste collections because of the impact of the coronavirus pandemic.
Garden waste subscribers will have one collection instead of two before the winter break.
- Check your when your last collection date will be.
- Do not call us to report a missed collection. Put your bin out on your next scheduled collection date.
- Let neighbours know about the changes.
We’re sorry to customers affected by the changes. We can’t offer a refund, but you may leave an extra bin bag of garden waste with your brown bin on your next collection day.
You can also take garden waste to the Community Recycling Centres in Grimsby or Immingham. Sites are open from 8am to 6pm seven days per week.
Household waste and recycling rounds are running as normal. If there are delays and your bins or boxes are missed, please put them out the next day and we’ll empty them as soon as we can.
Check your bin collection dates.
Recycling centres (Tips)
The community recycling centres in Grimsby and Immingham are both open 7 days a week from 8am to 6pm but have some restrictions in place.
You can now take bulky items such as sofas and bathroom suites. Please break up large items such as sofas and armchairs before your visit if they can.
You must book in advance if you want to take a mattress to the sites. There are limits on the number of mattresses we can accept.
- Call 01472 326288 during office hours to make a booking. Bookings must be made before 4pm on a Friday for the weekend.
- If you bring a mattress to either site without a booking, you will be turned away.
- A ramp has been fitted to help visitors move mattresses into the skip.
- Site staff are social distancing and cannot help you move large items – please only bring a mattress if you can move it safely yourself.
- Only a limited number of mattresses can be taken to the sites each day.
Most other waste and recycling and white goods will be accepted, however you can only bring:
- a maximum of three types of waste and/or recyclable materials at any one time
- soil and rubble in a maximum of three bags per household per day
- Small quantities of wood/MDF can be brought to the site in a car, van or trailer.
- No one in self-isolation or with coronavirus symptoms should visit the tips under any circumstances
- Only one visit per day
- Stay two metres away from our staff and other visitors to the site
- Only one car at a container at a time. Do not move to another container if someone else is using it, wait until they are finished.
- All waste and recycling must be brought to the site in a vehicle
- Assistance will not be given by the site attendants – please only bring waste that you are able to handle safely yourself
- Maximum of two people in a vehicle
- On your return from the site, please remember not to touch your face and to wash your hands for 20 seconds on arrival at your destination.
Warning: Rubbish which has been dumped illegally will be searched and the owner will have legal action taken against them.
Bulky waste collections are running but the the number of collection slots has been reduced to give staff more time to spray items with disinfectant before collecting them.
You can book a collection slot online.