COVID-19: National guidance
Advice for everyone
For up-to-date advice and guidance, visit the GOV.UK website.
For information on the signs and symptoms of COVID-19 (coronavirus) and advice on what to do if you think you have coronavirus, visit the NHS.uk website.
The Government has produced a guide to staying alert and safe (social distancing).
For information on the signs and symptoms of COVID-19 (coronavirus) and advice on what to do if you think you have coronavirus, visit the NHS website.
People are being urged to stop all non-essential contact with others and stop all unnecessary travel.
British nationals aged 70 and over, and those with underlying health conditions such as chronic diseases and diabetes, have been advised not to travel.
- Guidance for British people travelling and living overseas
- For the latest travel advice for particular countries, sign up for email alerts to your destination
Public Health England
Updates from Public Health England can be found on the Public Health Matters website.
Support for businesses, employers and health care professionals
Support for businesses is available via the links below.
- COVID-19: guidance for employees, employers and businesses
- COVID-19: support for businesses – advice from HM Government
- COVID-19: business support schemes – more detail
- COVID-19: Advice for businesses from the Humber LEP
- COVID-19: Safer transport guidance for operators
- COVID-19: guidance for health professionals
The Department for Education has opened a helpline to answer questions from staff in education, parents and students on COVID-19.
Phone: 0800 046 8687
Opening hours: 8am to 6pm (Monday to Friday)
If you are experiencing a problem locally with education and schools, and you’re a key worker, or your child has an EHCP or additional needs, you can complete the COVID-19: School queries form and someone will get back to you as soon as possible.