COVID-19: Test and trace support payment
As part of the Government’s plan to support families when they self-isolate a payment of £500 is now available.
People on low-incomes who have been told to self-isolate by NHS Test & Trace can now apply to North East Lincolnshire Council for a payment of £500.
To be eligible for the Test and Trace Support Payment, you must:
- have been asked to self-isolate by NHS Test and Trace from 28 September onwards, either because you’ve tested positive for coronavirus, or have recently been in close contact with someone who has tested positive; and
- be employed or self-employed; and
- be unable to work from home and will lose income as a result
And currently receiving any of the below benefits:
- Universal Credit
- Working Tax Credit
- Income-based Employment and Support Allowance
- Income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance
- Income Support
- Housing Benefit
- Pension Credit.
If you do not meet the last criteria, we may still be able to help and we will consider your application for help from our discretionary fund. Please continue to complete the form and your details will be collected for future consideration.
Applications can be made online or if you are unable to use our website then call 01472 313131.
You must submit supporting evidence to confirm your eligibility:
- your NHS Test and Trace (this will include a Unique ID number – 8 digits) asking you to self-isolate; and
- evidence of your employment and that you have reduced income as a result of self-isolation; and
- that you are unable to work from home; and
- if you are self-employed, proof of your trading income and that your business delivers services which cannot be undertaken without social contact; and
- a copy of your latest bank statement, which shows your name, address, bank sort code and account number.