Skip to main content
Important: £150 Council Tax energy rebate 4 weeks ago

COVID-19: Who to contact for help

Protecting everyone in North East Lincolnshire is our priority, particularly the most vulnerable.

We are all working closely across the public, community and voluntary sectors to offer advice and support and to get help to people who need it.

Who to contact

If you are concerned about anyone locally or you need help yourself, please contact:

  • NHS – For medical advice on COVID-19 or if symptoms have worsened visit the NHS  website or call 111
  • North East Lincolnshire Council – For information on food services and welfare call 01472 313131 – Our contact centre is open Monday to Friday 8:30am to 5pm.
  • NEL Single Point of Access – If you have medical, health, befriending, bereavement, mental health or adult social care enquiries call 01472 256256.
  • Police – If you are worried that someone is a victim of crime please call Humberside Police on 101, or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111
  • Mental health support – You can call NAViGO on 01472 256256, option 3 for 24/7 mental health support in North East Lincolnshire. For young people’s mental health support call Young Mind’s Matter 01472 252570 (for out of hours support you can also call 01472 256256 option 3)
  • North East Lincolnshire Women’s Aid –  01472 575757
  • Sector Support NEL – For up to date information on the voluntary and community sector organisations and their services go to the Sector Support NEL  website.
  • Christians Against Poverty (CAP) – Call Christians Against Poverty  on 0800 3280006 for help and support with debt.

In any emergency situation please call 999.

For up-to-date advice and guidance, visit the GOV.UK  website.

Coronavirus advice is available in other languages on GOV.UK – Guidance on staying alert and safe (social distancing) .

Other support

  • Isolating at home – Read about what you should be doing if you are isolating from home
  • Health and wellbeing – For help with your physical and mental health
  • Jobs and training – To find our job opportunities or for some advice and support finding a job
  • Lincs 2 – North East Lincolnshire Careers gateway
  • Help with food – Find out if you are eligible by calling us on 01472 313131 (For information on local organisations visit Sector Support NEL )
  • Housing benefit – Find out what housing benefit is and how you apply
  • Universal Credit – Information on universal credit and how to apply for it
  • Money off your Council Tax bill – Information on Council Tax exemptions and discounts
  • Council Tax support – Help with your Council Tax bill (previously know as Council Tax Reduction)
  • Extra money for rent and Council Tax – We have a Discretionary Housing Payment for people who get Housing Benefit or the housing element of Universal Credit and this does not cover your full rent
  • Homelessness prevention and advice – For advice and support for those that are homeless or in danger of becoming homeless
  • Harbour Place – If you are sleeping rough or think that you might have found someone who is, please call Harbour Place on 01472 355234
  • GOV.UK – Benefits – For information on all types of government benefits
  • Citizens advice – Free advice to help you find a way forward (Call 03444 111 444)
  • Age UK – Free and confidential information and advice service for older people on 01472 344976