North East Lincolnshire Council is lifting more of the restrictions in place at its Community Recycling Centres (CRCs or tips) in Grimsby and Immingham.
People can now take bulky items such as sofas and bathroom suites to both sites. Visitors are asked to break up large items such as sofas and armchairs before their visit if they can.
People can bring mattresses to the CRCs on weekdays but must book in advance if bringing them at weekends or bank holidays.
- Call 01472 326288 during office hours to make a booking for the weekend
- Bookings must be made before 4pm on a Friday
- A ramp has been fitted to help visitors move mattresses into the skip
- Site staff are social distancing and cannot help you move large items – please only bring a mattress if you can move it safely yourself
- If you bring a mattress to either site on a Saturday, Sunday or bank holiday Monday without a booking, you will be turned away
- There’s only a limited amount of space to store mattresses onsite at weekends.
Restrictions were introduced at both CRCs during the lockdown. The following restrictions remain in place:
- No one in self-isolation or with coronavirus symptoms should visit the tips under any circumstances
- Stay two metres away from our staff and other visitors to the site
- Only one visit per day
- Only one car allowed at a container at a time
- Do not move to another container if another person is using it, wait until they are finished
- All waste and recycling must be brought to the site in a vehicle
- Assistance will not be given by the site attendants – please only bring waste that you are able to handle safely yourself
- Maximum of two people in a vehicle
- On your return from the site, please remember not to touch your face and to wash your hands for 20 seconds on arrival at your destination
- Maximum of three types of waste and/or recyclable materials will be accepted at any one time
- Small quantities of wood/MDF can be brought to the site in a car, van or trailer
- Soil and rubble (maximum of three bags per household per day).
Cllr Stewart Swinburn, portfolio holder for environment and transport at the Council, said:
“We have to limit the number of mattresses that can be brought to the site at weekends and bank holidays. This is because we have limited storage on site and the disposal outlets are closed at weekends.
“I’m grateful to our waste contractor Newlincs Development Ltd for keeping our recycling centres open during the lockdown. Grimsby CRC was open all the time and Immingham was closed for only a few weeks.
“Please be patient. Remember that going to the tip is different to the way the system operated before lockdown. We need to keep it a safe space for visitors and staff.”
Both CRCs are open from 8am to 6pm seven days per week.
Bulky waste collections are running as normal. Make a booking now at www.nelincs.gov.uk/BulkyWaste.
The Council offers a paid for garden waste service. Have your garden waste taken away for just £36. Sign-up at www.nelincs.gov.uk/GardenWaste