COVID-19 Update: Monday 6 April 2020
Stay home. Protect the NHS. Save lives.
As part our response to COVID-19, we are issuing a brief update for the local media and the public. These updates will aim to cover some of the questions you may have.
The national picture
The guidance from the Government is changing each day. For the most up-to-date information, visit www.gov.uk.
- Health Secretary Matt Hancock MP carried out the daily address from Downing Street, saying that the Government “cannot rule out further steps” being introduced in terms of social distancing, if people continued to flout the rules.
- Mr Hancock added that people can help the NHS to plan the response to the virus by tracking their symptoms online at www.nhs.uk/statuschecker.
- Government guidance on Personal Protective Equipment has been updated. Mr Hancock said that the guidance meets, and in places exceeds, WHO recommendations. This guidance has changed as our knowledge of the virus has improved.
The local picture
There have now been confirmed cases of COVID-19 in North East Lincolnshire.
Council services that are affected by COVID-19 are listed here. This will be checked & updated daily.
Following the advice from the Government, North East Lincolnshire Council staff have been asked to work from home where possible.
|Update on construction and highways projects across the borough|
|Update from Friday 3 April, 1700hrs.|
|Get creative! We want your drawings to decorate new care facility|
|North East Lincolnshire Council is asking children from across the borough to come together to decorate the wall of a new care facility aimed at supporting local health and care services.|
|COVID-19: Changes in place to protect people attending funerals|
|North East Lincolnshire Council is reminding people about restrictions that are in place at the crematorium and cemeteries because of the COVID-19 outbreak.|
There are lots of things you can do to help reduce the risk of COVID-19 spreading and affecting the people you love.
What you can do
To limit the spread of Coronavirus:
For up-to-date health advice, visit NHS.uk.
- Stay at home as much as possible
- If you do go out, avoid gatherings and group activities
- Stay 2m apart from others
- Regularly wash your hands
If you feel that you cannot cope with your symptoms at home, your symptoms do not get better after 7 days, or your condition worsens, you should use the NHS 111 online coronavirus service.
Helping in your community
To request the help of registered volunteers for the community response in your locality, please contact Sector Support on 07791 041459 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you’re an individual wishing to volunteer, visit: https://www.bluelightsbrigade.co.uk/register-to-help—covid-19
If you’re part of a group that is wishing to join in the collective effort, visit: https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/XPYF7BG