COVID-19 Update: Thursday 23 April 2020
Stay home. Protect the NHS. Save lives.
As part our response to COVID-19, we are issuing a brief update for the local media and the public. These updates will aim to cover some of the questions you may have.
The national picture
The guidance from the Government is changing each day. For the most up-to-date information, visit www.gov.uk.
- Yesterday Foreign Secretary and First Secretary of State, Dominic Raab MP, used the Government’s daily briefing to highlight and praise the work of HM Armed Forces in supporting front line workers to combat the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Chief of the Defence Staff, Sir Nicholas Carter, emphasised the logistical challenges being met on a daily basis by the UK military.
The local picture
Council services that are affected by COVID-19 are listed here. This will be checked & updated daily.
Following the advice from the Government, North East Lincolnshire Council staff have been asked to work from home where possible.
|COVID-19: Update on cemetery opening hours|
|North East Lincolnshire Council’s cemeteries and crematorium grounds are returning to their usual opening hours.|
|Home schooling during COVID-19 pandemic|
|North East Lincolnshire Council will be releasing videos from local teachers over the coming days on its Facebook page.|
For up-to-date health advice, visit NHS.uk. Stay at home as much as possible
There are lots of things you can do to help reduce the risk of COVID-19 spreading and affecting the people you love.
What you can do to limit the spread of Coronavirus:
- If you do go out, avoid gatherings and group activities
- Stay 2m apart from others
- Regularly wash your hands
If you feel that you cannot cope with your symptoms at home, your symptoms do not get better after 7 days, or your condition worsens, you should use the NHS 111 online coronavirus service.
Helping in your community
To request the help of registered volunteers for the community response in your locality, please contact Sector Support on 07791 041459 or email email@example.com.
If you’re an individual wishing to volunteer, visit: https://www.bluelightsbrigade.co.uk/register-to-help—covid-19
If you’re part of a group that is wishing to join in the collective effort, visit: https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/XPYF7BG