COVID-19 Update: Tuesday 21 April 2020
Stay home. Protect the NHS. Save lives.
As part our response to COVID-19, we are issuing a brief update for the local media and the public. These updates will aim to cover some of the questions you may have.
The national picture
The guidance from the Government is changing each day. For the most up-to-date information, visit www.gov.uk.
- Yesterday, Chancellor Rishi Sunak announced that following the opening of the Coronavirus Jobs Retention Scheme at 8am that morning, by 4pm over 140,000 firms had applied.
- The Chancellor also announced the launch of a Future Fund worth £500 million, to make sure that high growth companies across the UK can continue to access the investment they need during the crisis.
- Mr Sunak also revealed that the Government has worked with Innovate UK to unlock some £750 million of grant and loan funding for innovative companies in the UK.
The local picture
Council services that are affected by COVID-19 are listed here. This will be checked & updated daily.
Following the advice from the Government, North East Lincolnshire Council staff have been asked to work from home where possible.
|COVID-19: Bulky waste is back|
|North East Lincolnshire Council is starting up its bulky collections again from Monday 4 May.|
Stay at home as much as possible
For up-to-date health advice, visit NHS.uk.
There are lots of things you can do to help reduce the risk of COVID-19 spreading and affecting the people you love.
What you can do to limit the spread of Coronavirus:
- If you do go out, avoid gatherings and group activities
- Stay 2m apart from others
- Regularly wash your hands
If you feel that you cannot cope with your symptoms at home, your symptoms do not get better after 7 days, or your condition worsens, you should use the NHS 111 online coronavirus service.
Helping in your community
To request the help of registered volunteers for the community response in your locality, please contact Sector Support on 07791 041459 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you’re an individual wishing to volunteer, visit: https://www.bluelightsbrigade.co.uk/register-to-help—covid-19
If you’re part of a group that is wishing to join in the collective effort, visit: https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/XPYF7BG