Safer and Stronger Communities Partnership
The Safer and Stronger Communities Partnership in North East Lincolnshire is a statutory community safety partnership (required as part of the Crime & Disorder Act 1998) established to join up the work of partners across the borough to tackle crime and disorder and improve community safety.
Responsible authorities have a statutory duty to work in partnership with other local agencies and organisations to develop and implement strategy and tangible action that makes a difference on the ground to local people. This can include action to tackle anti-social behaviour, violent crime, acquisitive crime, hate crime, burglary etc. as well as developing support services around the misuse of drugs & alcohol and reducing re-offending.
The responsible authorities in North East Lincolnshire, as set out in section five of the Crime and Disorder Act 1998 are:
- Humberside Police
- North East Lincolnshire Council
- Humberside Fire & Rescue Authority
- Clinical Commissioning Group (Health)
- The National Probation Service and Purple Futures, a Community Rehabilitation Company
Other agencies involved include:
- Office of the Police & Crime Commissioner
- Shoreline Housing Partnership
- Voluntary Action North East Lincolnshire
- Representative from the Magistrates
- NAVIGO (Mental Health)
As part of its statutory requirements, the partnership carries out a Joint Strategic Intelligence Assessment (JSIA), which is an annual audit of local crime and disorder. This also captures the views of local communities. Using the information from this audit and consultation, the Partnership then produces an annual refresh of its 3 year rolling Community Safety Plan. For 2017-18 the partnership has adopted the “Outcomes Framework” to embed “Outcome Based Accountability” into community safety.
The agreed outcomes for North East Lincolnshire are that all people in North East Lincolnshire will:
- Enjoy and benefit from a strong economy
- Feel safe and are safe
- Enjoy good health and well being
- Benefit from sustainable communities
- Fulfil their potential through skills and learning