Grimsby Top Town Market supporting Love Your Local Market, 17 – 31 May 2018
North East Lincolnshire Council, working in partnership with ENGIE, are hosting a number of events supporting the National Association of British Market Authorities’ annual Love Your Local Market campaign.
Fun for all the family is available throughout the fortnight:
- Friday 18 May, 10-3pm – Back by popular demand, The Moonshiners, a two man string band who will be playing a mix of music – come down for a sing-a-long and dance.
- Saturday 19 May, 10-3pm – In the Market Garden have a seat and watch Prince Harry and Meghan Markle’s Royal Wedding. Children will be able to make their own crowns in a craft workshop and between 11am and 1pm the Market Team will be handing out free mugs and biscuits to celebrate the big day. Mugs and biscuits will be available on a first come first served basis. A wedding display of Bridal wear will also be on show.
- Tuesday 22 May, 10am-3pm – Spring into Summer with free strawberries and cream for customers between 12 and 1pm. Go Cruise will be visiting the market along with the local tourism team and the Council’s Health and Wellbeing team to get everyone set for Summer with this event. One of the latest traders on the market, Ray of Sunshine, will also be holding a workshop on how to create the perfect hanging basket.
- Friday 25 May, 10am-3pm – The Council’s waste team will be holding a drop in session to find out more on how to get the best out of recycling and to answer any questions.
- Tuesday 29 May, 10am-3pm – Fun activities for all with Feet First Entertainment jugglers and stilt walkers with face painting taking place from local artist JelliNelli.
- Friday 1 June, 10am-3pm – Grimsby Cycle Hub’s Doctor Bike will be visiting the Market helping cyclists with advise and support on repairing your bike and keeping it safe and secure. The Cycle Hub will also be handing out vouchers for use in the hub.
All of the events will be held in Grimsby Top Town Market’s Market Hall and are free to attend.
The regular Grimsby Farmers and Craft Market will also take place on Friday 18 May on Victoria Street, Grimsby.
Cllr Peter Wheatley, portfolio holder for business, said: “Local markets are the cornerstone of every economy, and give independent retailers a great chance to build their business.
“These events will be a great treat for local people to get involved in the market community and take advantage of the wonderful produce on offer.
“I would encourage young people to go along, relax and pick up some free advice.”
Grimsby Town Market Hall operates four days a week from 9am to 5pm on a Tuesday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday.
The Market is currently running a stall holder incentive scheme to encourage local traders and small businesses to take up a stall at the local venue, offering benefits for new stallholders and those that already have stalls on the market and recommend a friend.
If you’re interested in a market stall or for more information about market trading contact the Market Office on firstname.lastname@example.org or (01472) 325836.