COVID-19 Emotional Wellbeing Resources
Concerns about mental health
If you are concerned about the mental health of yourself or someone locally to you, particularly if there is a potential risk to life, due to feeling low, struggling to cope or experiencing suicidal thoughts, please contact North East Lincolnshire Adult Mental Health Service (Navigo) on 01472 256256
It’s normal that COVID-19 may make you feel worried because of uncertainties about you or your family or friend’s health, your change of routine, the impact on your work or finances, or being isolated from friends and family.
When to get help
Things are usually an issue when they start to get in the way of everyday life, like enjoying your usual activities, being productive, taking care of your responsibilities or your personal hygiene. Once you notice this it’s important to do something about it. There’s lots you can do.
This might mean talking to a friend or family member, finding help online or over the phone or speaking to a mental health professional.
The tools in this section are for everyone. They can help you if you’re are a happy, resilient person who wants stronger wellbeing and to understand and help others more or if you have a problem you need help with.
There are lots things we can do to help look after our mental health and wellbeing, including those of us who are working from home and/or self-isolating. Take a look at the following links for some helpful tips:
Information for children
- Young Minds Matter, NEL’s CAMHS: 01472 626100, 9am to 5pm, Monday to Friday. Out of hours – 01472 256256 option 3
- Free and anonymous support for young people Kooth: – Weekdays 12pm to 10pm / Weekends 6pm to 10pm
- School Nursing Service – Confidential and anonymous support for young people (11-19 years old) weekdays 9 to 5pm. Text 07507 331620
General health and wellbeing resources
- Mood Assessment and Mental Wellbeing Audio Guides – NHS
- Tips for Everyday Living – MIND
- Working from home mental health and wellbeing project – Mental Health First Aid