Skip to main content

Risk of violence or domestic abuse

If you are imminent risk of violence, please call the Police 999.

You can contact the local Women’s Aid  for help and support or refuge.

We will talk to you about housing options if you can’t stay or return to your home because of domestic abuse. If you’ve reported the abuse to the Police, the Council can refer you to the Empower Safer Homes scheme, this will provide measures that would make your home is safe to live in.

If you’re at risk of or are experiencing domestic abuse you can access advice and support from the National Domestic Violence Helpline , a national service for women experiencing domestic violence, or for their family, friends, colleagues who need to call for advice.

Specialist support available for men who are victims of domestic abuse from Men’s Advice line  or .