Advice for young people
Are you ready for independent living?
Moving out is a big decision and it should’t be rushed, the best time is when you’re ready, you have a plan and the support of your family. There are lots of things to think about and being independent it isn’t always easy, it can be hard to keep on top of the bills!
- doing what you want when you want
- having your own space
- pay your own bills
- may have to live on benefits (you’ll have to budget)
- unable to finish your education
- may not be able to afford the same social life
- can’t always assume you’ll be in the area of your choice
- having to do the housework
- living respectfully and mindful of your neighbours
If you need to move out because you’ve been told to leave or you’ve already left and will be roofless tonight, you must contact us as soon as possible.