North East Lincolnshire Council

Housing related support

We provide housing related support to vulnerable people living in North East Lincolnshire offering the opportunity to improve their quality of life by providing stable environments which enable greater independence. We deliver high quality and strategically planned housing related services which provide value for money and where necessary complement existing care services.

Housing related support services help and support you to live independently. This can include:

  • Setting up and maintaining a safe and secure home
  • Developing skills, such as looking after your money, cooking and cleaning
  • Claiming benefits
  • Finding training or employment
  • Contact with organisations like social services, doctors or community groups
  • Gaining confidence and emotional support

Support can be given to you in supported housing, such as a hostel or sheltered housing, or a support worker could visit you in your home – this is called floating support.

Support is given by many different organisations. These may be private, voluntary, the council, or your landlord. The council monitor all housing related support services and are here to make sure the services you receive are good quality, the right services for your needs and good value for money. We aim to support you through each stage for you to achieve independent living.

How does housing related support work?

To be considered for accommodation support or floating support you need to have a referral made for you. The Home Options Service or agencies/organisations can complete the online application form on your behalf which is on

If you are vulnerable you may be living in a place where accommodation and support are part of the service, such as sheltered housing schemes, a hostel or a refuge. For further information regarding adult social care visit the Safeguarding and social care section of our website.

Who can access housing related support?

People over 16 who need help to live independently. These could be:

  • Older people with support needs
  • Older people with dementia
  • Frail and elderly people
  • People with learning disabilities
  • People with mental health problems
  • People with a physical or sensory disability
  • Single homeless people with support needs
  • Homeless families with support needs
  • Rough sleepers
  • Young people at risk
  • People at risk of domestic abuse
  • People with drug and/or alcohol problems
  • Offenders and people at risk of offending
  • Mentally disordered offenders

Home Options Team, Civic Offices, Knoll Street, Cleethorpes, North East Lincolnshire, DN35 8LN


Telephone: 01472 326296, option 1