Helping others while helping yourself
Winston Churchill once said that “you make a living by what you get, but you make a life by what you give”. This sums up what volunteering is all about. It is about doing something that benefits the local community and makes a difference to peoples lives.
If you want to contribute and make a real difference in our community then volunteering could be the way for you to do this. Not only will it benefit the people and organisations in our area, but you too could benefit by trying something different or learning a new skill.
How volunteering will benefit you
As a volunteer you will:
- learn and teach new skills in a two-way process
- enhance your CV and future job prospects
- increase your social and relationship skills
- improve your self-confidence
- gain satisfaction through helping others
- develop a sense of achievement and purpose
- escape the day-to-day routine by adding some fun to your journey in life
Find out what opportunities are out there and apply on volunteering opportunities.
If you want to get involved you can contact our volunteering coordinator by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can read about our volunteer successes and award winning events on volunteering wins.