Climate change is a critical issue facing us all. North East Lincolnshire Council is firm in its ambitions, having declared a climate emergency in September 2019. We know that prevention and protection from climate change is a concern shared by our residents. The enormity of the situation can seem overwhelming, but we believe a collective effort of small steps can make a massive difference.
At North East Lincolnshire Council, we care about our environment, and we want to play our part in helping to solve the crisis that our planet faces. We have already worked to reduce our organisation’s carbon emissions and we recognise that we need to work with others to achieve a sustainable future for our place.
The Carbon Roadmap sets out how the Council plans to achieve its aim to cut its carbon emissions to net zero by 2040 and for North East Lincolnshire to be carbon net zero by 2050
The Natural Assets Plan sets out how the Council and its partners can improve the area’s unique natural environment for the benefit of everyone
How the Council is working to reduce its carbon footprint and improve the natural environment
Business and community projects
How the Council is working with local businesses and communities to reduce their carbon footprint and improve the natural environment
Driving the growth of the renewable industry and its supply chain
Consumption and emission dashboards
Monitoring the efficiency of our buildings, through water and energy consumption and our carbon emissions
Environment Vision Summary (PDF, 249KB)
Grass cutting, flower beds, hedges, trees, shrubs and verges
Latest green news
- North East Lincolnshire Council backs Keep Britain Tidy’s bid to show pride in community during mass clean up
- Happy Birthday to the Lincolnshire Wolds!
- Transforming underused Grimsby car park spaces into new urban orchard and community garden
- Riverside meadow set to become Grimsby’s newest nature reserve
- New story map uncovers the natural beauty of Cleethorpes Saltmarsh
- Top tips to keep your home warm this winter for less