Port Health food hygiene and safety inspections
Grimsby and Immingham Port Health are part of the Public Protection section which incorporates Environmental Health and are responsible for carrying out food hygiene and safety inspections at various food premises.
If you run a food business you are responsible for meeting food hygiene standards whether you are a small corner cafe or a large multi-national company.
Grimsby and Immingham Port Health team works with food businesses based on the dock estates and surrounding areas to ensure that they are complying with food hygiene laws and meeting the required standards. Premises include:
- All approved fish based premises based anywhere within North East Lincolnshire
- All approved premises based on the dock estates
- All mobile fish sales vans registered to our authority regardless of whether they sell elsewhere
- Any visiting mobile fish sales van on the docks
- All cafe’s based on the dock estates
Our work includes:
- Advice and guidance to prospective new businesses from first contact right through to being fully operational
- Advice for food handlers and current food businesses
- Enforcement of food hygiene legislation, including the inspection and monitoring of approved and non approved food businesses
- Food sampling to make sure that food sold by businesses is safe to eat
- Investigation of complaints about food and food premises
- Investigation of notified cases of food poisoning and infectious disease
Much of the work of the section is based on the enforcement of the law and as such is governed to a certain extent by national codes of practice and guidance which determine, for example, the frequency with which food inspections should be carried out.
Approved premises application form for fishery premises (Word Document)
Food registration form (Word Document)
Grimsby and Immingham Port Health, Port Health Offices, Fish Dock Road, Grimsby, North East Lincolnshire, DN31 3NN
Email: [email protected]
Telephone: 01472 326299
Opening times: By appointment only