Youth Offending Service
The Youth Offending Service (YOS) is to prevent offending by children and young people.
We aim to:
- tackle delays – halving the time from arrest to sentence for persistent young offenders, speeding up justice for all young offenders.
- confront young offenders with the consequences of their offending and helping them to develop a sense of personal responsibility.
- intervene – tackling the risk factors associated with offending – personal, family, social, educational, health, drugs, accommodation, peer group pressure, low self esteem, poor academic attainment etc.
- punishment proportionate to seriousness and persistence of offending, with a range of penalties available to the Courts (referral orders, action plan orders, detention and training orders, reparation orders, parenting order etc.)
- encouraging reparation to victims or to the community by young offenders.
- reinforcing the responsibilities of parents
The work with children and young people is mainly within the following areas:
- Preventative Work
- Court Attendance and Bail Supervision
- Referral Orders
- Supervision of Community Orders
- Custodial Sentences and Supervision on Licence
- Multi-agency approach
To view some of the projects done by the Youth Offending team.
Do you know someone who needs a bike?
Unwanted bikes or parts
We transform old bikes. We strip them down, check for damage and alignment, clean them up and re assemble with serviced and new components.
We donate them to someone in need
Adults or children who need a bike to get to work or school, want to get fit or reduce their travel costs and are not able to meet the cost of a brand new bike. All work is done by young people from the Youth Offending Service as part of their work towards paying back to their community. They are fully supervised by trained mechanics, learning new skills while taking part in a worthwhile project that benefits others. Refurbished bikes are fully safety checked.
For more information, or to request or donate a bike please contact the Youth Offending Service.
Youth Offending Service, William Molson Centre, Kent Street, Grimsby, DN32 7DJ
Telephone: 01472 325252
Opening times: Monday to Friday, 8:30am to 5pm, except bank holidays