Skip to main content

Personal licence

A personal licence holder’s responsibility is to authorise the sale and supply of alcohol, and to make sure the licensed premises you’re employed at is operating within the law.

You don’t need a personal licence to be employed at a pub or a business that sells alcohol, but the designated premises supervisor has to authorise anyone who doesn’t have a personal licence to sell alcohol. Anyone can apply for the licence but you must be aged 18 or over and have a personal licence qualification.

View accredited personal licence qualification providers

Before you start

  • fill in a disclosure of convictions form
  • copy of your personal licence qualification or equivalent qualification certificate
  • two passport photos (one must be signed by a professional to verify who you are)
  • copy of your Disclosure and Barring Service certificate or the results held from a subject access search by the police national computer


Personal licence applicationCost
Replacement (lost, stolen or damaged)£10.50


Personal licence application form (Word, 51KB)

Contact details

Licensing, Doughty road depot, Doughty road, North East Lincolnshire, DN32 0LL

Email: [email protected]

Telephone: 01472 326299 option 2

Opening times: Monday to Friday 8:30am to 5pm, except bank holidays