- Premises licence
- Club premises licence
New premises licence
You need a premises licence if you want to provide licensable activities such as sell alcohol, serve hot food between 11pm and 5am or provide entertainment.
Before you start
- must be 18 or over
- have an appointed designated premises supervisor (DPS) who holds a personal licence
- provide a plan of the premises
- details of an operating schedule (opening times, licensable activities including the times and if alcohol is being sold for drinking on or off the premises or both)
A copy of your application must be sent to all the responsible authorities who act on behalf of the public.
Variation premises licence
You can submit a full variation or a minor variation on your existing premises licence.
Minor variations include:
- slightly amending the operating times
- add regulated entertainment and late night refreshments as licensable activities
- small changes to the premises layout or structure
- removing conditions which are out of date or invalid
- moving the hours you serve alcohol
Make a big change to your existing premises licence by:
- changing when the licensable activities take place
- applying for more licensable activities
- making major changes to the layout or structure
The licence fee is based on the rateable value of the premises which is set by the valuation office.
A multiplier is added to premises in band D and E when a business is mainly supplying alcohol.
|Rateable value band||Fee||Multiplier|
|A: up to £4,299||£100||£0|
|B: £4,300 to £33,000||£190||£0|
|C: £33,001 to £87,000||£315||£0|
|D: £87,001 to £125,000||£450||£900|
|E: £125,001 and above||£635||£1,905|
If your premises is being built or having alterations, you can apply for a provisional statement which tells you if you’re likely to be granted a premises licence. This also allows you to apply for a new or variation premises licence before the premises is ready to be used for licensable activities.
Licensing, Doughty road depot, Doughty road, North East Lincolnshire, DN32 0LL
Telephone: 01472 326299 option 2
Opening times: Monday to Friday 8:30am to 5pm, except bank holidays