NELC’s Lifestyle Services to offer mental health training to organisations who work with children
North East Lincolnshire Council’s Lifestyle Services team are offering training to organisations who work with children and young people across the borough.
The team have been commissioned as part of the Future in Mind programme, a national ambition to transform the design and delivery of a local offer of services for children and young people with mental health needs. It covers a number of themes: promoting resilience, improving access to effective support, care for the most vulnerable, and developing the workforce.
There are 10 free places for organisations working with children and young people. The training aims to increase knowledge and awareness of mental health and emotional wellbeing to workforces. These courses are also available to other organisations at a cost.
When working with children and young people, it’s also important to look after your own mental health, and that of your colleagues and staff. Our adult focussed courses will give you the skills and knowledge to do this. These include:
• Mental Health First Aid (MHFA) – 2 day training equipping individuals to spot the early warning signs of mental illness in colleagues, family and friends. The course covers a variety of mental health topics, including depression and anxiety.
• Mental Health First Aid Lite – Half day mental health awareness workshop
• Emotional Resilience – Half day workshop designed to help and enable you to support your own emotional resilience and wellbeing.
• Manager/Supervisor Mental Health Workshop – Half day training designed to equip managers and supervisors with the skills and knowledge to support staff/colleagues with emotional well-being.
The other courses available are designed to enable you to support the children and young people with their own mental and emotional wellbeing. These include:
• Youth Mental Health First Aid (YMHFA) – 2 day training teaching how to spot early signs of mental health problems in young people. The course covers a variety of mental health topics, directly linking them to young people’s development and experiences.
• Youth Mental Health First Aid Lite – Half day introduction to young people’s mental health.
Cllr James, portfolio holder for children and young people said:
“With increasing numbers of children and young people experiencing mental health issues, these courses ensure any organisations that are working with children and young people are equipped with the skills, training and experience to best support them.
“This is a brilliant opportunity for yourself and other members within your team to learn something new, and be able to use the experiences you gain in the future.”
For bookings or more information, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org or 01472 325500.