You can now speak to Mind online using Zoom!
For the safety of everyone and to follow government guidance, Safespace’s doors are closed…for now.
The team can now be contacted using Zoom – a free online video chat facility that you can download on your desktop or mobile device.
Simply sign up here, and follow the online instructions to download.
You can currently contact the team:
Monday – Friday, 6pm – 10pm
How it works:
1. Sign up for free to Zoom
– DO NOT use your Facebook account to do this
2. Download the software to your mobile device or desktop
We’ve pulled together some guidance to help
3. Open the app on your device and sign in
4. Click Join and search for Meeting ID: 208 809 6683
5. Join the chat group with sound only or video
6. You will be moved into a ‘breakout’ room where you can register and speak with a member of our team privately.
When dialing in:
If you dial in to the service please note that some numbers may be busy. This is due to the high demand on Zoom during the Coronavirus outbreak and it is not the Safespace service that is busy. Please try again using another number or try the Zoom web link if possible.
Don’t have a smart phone or computer?
Using a normal phone line or basic mobile phone dial one of the numbers below:
• +44 131 460 1196
• +44 330 088 5830
• +44 208 080 6592
• +44 208 080 6591
• +44 203 481 5240
• +44 203 481 5237
Then when prompted please dial in the Meeting ID: 208 809 6683
Will I be charged for the call or the Zoom connection?
While Safespace and the Zoom meeting are free services, please be aware that you
may incur some other charges as follows:
• Connecting via WiFi over your broadband or a fee hotspot will be free but please check if you have any data limitations in your contract.
• Telephone calls will not be free and will be charged at your network provider’s rates. Please check if you have any inclusive minutes or free calling packages set up that will make your call free.
• Connecting using 3G or 4G data from a mobile device will use up some of your data allowance for the time you are connected. Data usage can vary from 120MB per hour to 500MB per hour or more depending on use of audio and video. Turning off your camera on the call will save a lot of data use.
If you are experiencing a mental health crisis, please call the Single Point of Access on 01472 256256, selecting option 3 for mental health.
Protecting your personal information and data
When dialling in, your phone number may be visible for a short time to other service users who are also connected to the Safespace facility at that time.Safespace is using Zoom video link to communicate with you whilst we are closed.
By accepting this link and making the call you are consenting to using this application and processing of your data.
Please look at their privacy notice found here: https://zoom.us/privacy/.
While using Zoom other people in the call will be able to see and hear you so it is just like being in a real room with other people so please remember to keep anything very private to yourself and ask for a one to one if you wish to speak in confidence to a member of staff.
Abuse of staff or other service users will not be tolerated. Any profanity or use of abusive or explicit language could result in your Zoom chat being terminated.
Safespace will not be recording the conversations but some details such as your IP/email address will be held by Zoom and they will ask you to consent to using the app when you join the call.
Any other information that you give to us in a one to one will remain confidential and be treated by us in the usual way. If you have any questions about this then please ask us and we will try and find out for you if we do not know.