Statutory notices and certificates
A list of notices and certificates relating to ownership of land / properties
Most applications require a signed certificate stating that the relevant people have been informed that a planning application has been submitted.
Types of certificate
There are a number of different certificates:
- Certificate A – if you are the applicant and own all the land affected then use this certificate
- Certificate B – if you don’t own the land/property referred to in the application or the work will affect a neighbouring property use this certificate
- Certificate C – if you know the identity of some, but not all the owners of the land, use this certificate to provide evidence that you have served a notice on the owners known to you and placed a notice in the local press to notify the other owners
- Certificate D – if you don’t know who owns the land or their whereabouts, use this certificate to provide evidence that you have placed the required advertisement to try to locate them
All applications require an appropriate certificate of ownership signing, except for the following:
- Approval of reserved matters
- Discharge or variation of conditions
- Tree preservation orders
- Express consent to display an advertisement
Notices to be served
Where a certificate is signed stating that you are not the owner of the land/property or your application will affect some part of another individual’s land/property, you must issue an Article 13 Notice (see document in the related documents section below) to that individual.
When applying to demolish a property you will need to ensure the correct notification is displayed (see document in the related documents section below).
Article 13 Notice (for Certificates B & C) (PDF)
If you need to serve notice on the owner of the land or your application affects a neighbouring site, complete this notice and serve it on each individual affected
Article 13 Notice (for Certificates C & D) (PDF)
If you need to place a notice in the local press in relation to Certificates C or D, complete this notice
Notice of intention to demolish (PDF)
If you are applying for permission to demolish you may be required to display this notice prior to demolition