The local plan
Every local planning authority in England is required to have in place a clear, up to date local plan, which conforms to the National Planning Policy Framework (NPPF).
Following consultation and a public examination held by an independent Planning Inspector, and receipt of the Inspector’s Report, the Council adopted its Local Plan on 22 March 2018.
The adopted plan sets out the Council’s vision and strategy for the Borough until 2032. It sets out policies and allocates land for specific uses including housing, employment and retail. It also sets out the criteria for planning applications and guides the decision making process.
The Local Plan is made up of several documents, including five policy maps and adoption statements
- North East Lincolnshire Local Plan 2013 to 2032 (Adopted 2018) (PDF)
- Adoption Statement (PDF)
- Sustainability Appraisal Adoption Statement (PDF)
- Plan Area (PDF)
- Urban Area Inset Maps (PDF)
- Town Centre Inset Maps (PDF)
- Inset Maps (PDF)
- Minerals (PDF)
Paper copies of the adopted Local Plan are also available to view at the following locations during their normal opening hours:
- Planning department reception, New Oxford House, Grimsby
- The four Lincs Inspire libraries in:
- The Gingerbread House Community Hub, Humberston
- Grant Thorold Community Hub and Library, Durban Road, Grimsby
- Scartho Community Library, St Giles Avenue, Grimsby
Spatial Planning, New Oxford House, 2 George Street, Grimsby, North East Lincolnshire, DN31 1HB
Telephone: 01472 324272
Opening times: please call to make an appointment