Public Notice of Temporary Prohibition of Traffic Order – 1 November 2018
THE BOROUGH OF NORTH EAST LINCOLNSHIRE
THE NORTH EAST LINCOLNSHIRE BOROUGH COUNCIL
(GRIMSBY CHRISTMAS LIGHT SWITCH ON – 18-034)
(TEMPORARY PROHIBITION OF TRAFFIC) ORDER 2018
NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that the North East Lincolnshire Borough Council intends to make, not less than seven days from the date of this Notice, an Order, the effect of which will be to prohibit any vehicle or cycle from proceeding along the following carriageways, between 16:00hrs and 19:00hrs on Thursday 22nd November, 2018. The extent of the closure will be:
- Victoria Street West – from its junction with George Street to its junction with New Street
- George Street – from its junction with Osborne Street to its junction with Victoria Street West
- Osborne Street – from its junction with George Street to its junction with Garden Street
- South St. Mary’s Gate – from its junction with Garden Street to its junction with West St. Mary’s Gate
- Bethlehem Street – from its junction with West St. Mary’s Gate to its junction with Wellowgate
This temporary prohibition is required to allow the safe facilitation of the Christmas Light Switch On Santa Sleigh Parade. Diversion route will be signposted and available to view online. The dates and times above are correct at the point of print however should the event experience severe adverse weather the event may be cancelled, this will be determined on the day.
The Order will come into operation on Thursday 22nd November 2018 and will continue in force for a period not exceeding three days unless extended for a further period by the Secretary of State for Transport, or when it is deemed safe to do so (whichever is the earlier). The road will be reopened as soon as possible.
A copy of the Order may be inspected online at the Municipal Offices, Town Hall Square, Grimsby during normal office hours. For further information you may, if you wish, telephone Market Team (01472 325846) for an explanation of the proposals.
Dated this 1st day of November, 2018.
Rob G. Walsh
Town Hall Square