Public Notice of Temporary Prohibition of Traffic Order – 24 October 2019
THE BOROUGH OF NORTH EAST LINCOLNSHIRE
THE NORTH EAST LINCOLNSHIRE BOROUGH COUNCIL
(REMEMBRANCE PARADE – BARGATE AND SURROUNDING STREETS,
GRIMSBY – TTRO 19-109)
(TEMPORARY PROHIBITION OF TRAFFIC) ORDER 2019
NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that the North East Lincolnshire Borough Council intends to make, not less than seven days from the date of this Notice,, an Order, the effect of which will be to prohibit any vehicle or cycle from proceeding along the following sections of carriageway on Sunday 10 November, 2019. The extent of the closure will be:
0800hrs – 1200hrs
- Bethlehem Street – From its junction with Old Market Place to its junction with Church Lane
- Church Lane – From its junction with Bethlehem Street to its junction with Deansgate
- Deansgate – From its junction with Church Lane to its junction with Bargate
- Bargate – From its junction with Deansgate (incorporating all off streets) to its junction with Nuns Corner Roundabout, Scartho Road
- Brighowgate – From its junction with Wellowgate to its junction with Bargate
- Eastwood Avenue – From its junction with Bargate to a point 40 metres south of its junction with Bargate
- Westward Ho – From its junction with Bargate to its junction with Regent Gardens
- Wellowgate – From its junction with Bethlehem Street to its junction with Brighowgate
Adjoining streets may be affected for a short period of time whilst the parade passes but will be
reopened as soon as it is safe to do so.
This temporary prohibition is required to allow the safe facilitation of the Remembrance Day Service at the St James Church then parade to the Cenotaph at Nuns Corner incorporating an evening Beacon Lighting ceremony. The Parade route will be signed and a plan available to view online. The dates and times above are correct at the point of print however should the event experience severe adverse weather the event may be cancelled, this will be determined on the day. Diversion routes will be signed and published online at: https://one.network/public and https://www.nelincs.gov.uk/category/public-notice/.
The Order will come into operation on Sunday 10 November 2019 and will continue in force for a period not exceeding three days unless extended for a further period by the Secretary of State for Transport, or until completion of the works (whichever is the earlier). The road will be reopened as soon as possible.
A copy of the Order may be inspected online at the Municipal Offices, Town Hall Square, Grimsby during normal office hours. For further information you may, if you wish, telephone Traffic Team (01472 324468) for an explanation of the proposals.
Dated this 24 day of October, 2019.
Rob G. Walsh
Town Hall Square