Public Notice of Temporary Prohibition of Traffic Order – 24 October 2019
THE BOROUGH OF NORTH EAST LINCOLNSHIRE
THE NORTH EAST LINCOLNSHIRE BOROUGH COUNCIL
(REMEMBRANCE PARADE – A SECTION OF CHEAPSIDE, AND SURROUNDING STREETS – TTRO 19-126)
(TEMPORARY PROHIBITION OF TRAFFIC) ORDER 2019
NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that the North East Lincolnshire Borough Council intends to make, not less than seven days from the date of this Notice, an Order, the effect of which will be to prohibit any vehicle or cycle from proceeding along the following sections of carriageway between 10:00hrs and 14:00hrs on Sunday 10 November, 2019. The extent of the closure will be:
- Barnoldby Road – from its junction with Brian Avenue to its junction with Brigsley Road
- Brigsley Road – from the roundabout junction with Brigsley Road and High Street to its junction with Cheapside
- Cheapside – from its junction with Brigsley Road to its junction with Kirkgate
- Kirkgate – from its junction with Cheapside to its junction with High Street/New Road
- New Road – from its junction with High Street to a point no more than 10 metres south-east of its junction with High Street
- High Street – from its junction with New Street to its junction with Fairway, from its junction with Fairway to the roundabout junction with Brigsley Road and Barnoldby Road.
Adjoining streets may be affected for a short period of time whilst the parade passes but will be reopened as soon as it is safe to do so.
This temporary prohibition is required to allow the safe facilitation of the Remembrance Day Service at the War Memorial on Cheapside together with the associated parades from the British Legion (Ross Hall) to the memorial and service at All Saints Church. The Parade route will be signed and a plan available to view online. The dates and times above are correct at the point of print however should the event experience severe adverse weather the event may be cancelled, this will be determined on the day.
Diversion routes will be signed and published online at: https://one.network/public and https://www.nelincs.gov.uk/category/public-notice/.
The Order will come into operation on Sunday 10 November 2019 and will continue in force for a period not exceeding three days unless extended for a further period by the Secretary of State for Transport, or until completion of the works (whichever is the earlier). The road will be reopened as soon as possible.
A copy of the Order may be inspected online at the Municipal Offices, Town Hall Square, Grimsby during normal office hours. For further information you may, if you wish, telephone Traffic Team (01472 324468) for an explanation of the proposals.
Dated this 24 day of October, 2019.
Rob G. Walsh
Town Hall Square
TTRO 19-126 01 -TM Plan (PDF)