Mid Lincolnshire local access forum
The Mid Lincolnshire Local Access forum is a statutory advisory body established under section 94 of the Countryside and Rights of Way Act 2000. North East Lincolnshire Council and Lincolnshire County Council support the forum to carry out its duties.
Its primary role is to advise as to the improvement of public access to land within both counties, for open air recreation and the enjoyment of the area. In doing this the forum considers the needs of land management and conservation.
Some of the issues considered by the Mid Lincolnshire Local Access Forum have included:
- Responding to consultations on national policy and legislative changes affecting rights of way and access
- Advising on the development of Rights of Way Improvement Plans(ROWIP)
- Involvement in coastal access case studies
- Attendance at County Shows
Future areas of work are likely to include:
- Support to ensure effective implementation of Rights of Way Improvement Plans
- Coastal Access implications for Lincolnshire and North East Lincolnshire
- Gating orders
- Dog control orders
- Review of policies relating to rights of way and access post ROWIP
Local access forum meetings
You can find minutes of previous meetings and details of future meetings on the Lincolnshire County Council website.